Young adults often run into roadblocks in their education or job search and it can feel overwhelming and frustrating. You need a job to get experience, but can't get experience without a job. Quite often circumstances outside your control affect the path you are on, making it more difficult for you to move forward. We are here to help. If you are a young adult age 16 - 24, are not employed, not in school, and have physical, economic or other challenges which may prevent you from completing your education and/or finding a career that you desire, please contact us to see how we can help.
Our services include:
- Educational support - working with tutors and/or advisors to complete high school or high school equivalency and achieve post-secondary school goals
- Work experience - gain practical experience through job shadowing, internships and apprenticeships; and learn skills needed to get and keep a job
- Career exploration and planning - find out what career might be most interesting and fit in with your interests; determine what education is needed for that career path and take steps to make it happen; target careers to help you achieve the lifestyle you want
- Financial literacy - learn how to set and follow a budget; gain knowledge so you can make good financial decisions
- Leadership training - develop skills to help you work on a team as well as lead a team, communicate, problem solve and other skills needed to succeed; participate in volunteer activities
Assistance may be available with:
- Cost of transportation
- Child care
- Test fees
- Work clothing/uniforms
- Other miscellaneous job/school related expenses that fall into our guidelines
If you are interested in our Youth Services or have more questions, please contact us. Even if you don't fit within the guidelines but are seeking assistance, please contact us and get going on your future today.