|Back to List|
County Youth/Agriculture Program Coordinator
|Iowa State University Extension and Outreach - Dickinson County
1600 15th Street
Spirit Lake IA 51360
• High school graduate.
• Highly motivated and results-driven with evidence of salesmanship or advocacy skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills, with interest in community and educational networking and coalition building.
• Strong organizational skills, successful task management and energy and enthusiasm towards programming.
• Evidence of effective teaching and/or program delivery.
• Commitment to positive youth development.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Social Media and email applications.
• Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
• Ability to pass a criminal background screening and to meet child protection and safety policy.
| Preferred Qualifications:
• An interest, background or basic education course in agriculture or natural resources.
• Coursework in education with experience in formal and/or non-formal teaching.
• Experience as a member, volunteer, or employee with the 4-H Youth Development Program.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
|Hours: 40 hours/week|
|Shifts: Days, Evenings, Weekends|
| Additional Information:
Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Dickinson County Extension Council
Terms of Employment:
• The position reports directly to the personnel committee of the Dickinson County Extension Council.
• Position will be based at the ISU Extension and Outreach Dickinson County office located at 1600 15th Street in Spirit Lake, with some travel required for events and programming.
• Starting wage will be commensurate on experience, plus benefits.
• Hours will be flexible, including some evenings, weekends and overnights, not to exceed 40 hours per week.
• Mileage and other approved travel expenses will be reimbursed monthly at the IRS rate
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Director of Equal Opportunity, 3350 Beardshear Hall, Ames, Iowa, 50011, (515) 294-7612, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants are asked to complete the required application found at www.extension.iastate.edu/dickinson and submit it electronically with resume and cover letter to Cheryl Heronemus at email@example.com. Questions can be directed to Cheryl at 712-240-2472. Guaranteed consideration date for applications is Dec. 10, 2019.