****This position will work in Le Mars Iowa*****
Within a care facility for persons with mental disabilities, nursing services is one of the most important components. You are responsible for observing and attending to members' symptoms, complaints, or conditions that may be affecting their physical, mental, or spiritual needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform required checks on all members as designated, being aware of where every member is located and what they are doing to ensure safety. Checks must be done in a timely manner.
• Assist members with their Activities of Daily Living including but not limited to room cleaning, activities, and assistance with members personal hygiene.
• Provide transportation to and from members appointments, sometimes having to stay with members during appointments.
• Assist members with meal times and snack times, must be able to react to emergent situations if one were to arise.
• Perform housekeeping tasks as assigned on facility checklists including but not limited to bathroom cleaning, facility laundry, and filling of supplies.
• Proper filing of paperwork in members charts and binders.
• Attend all monthly in-services and any other meetings that are scheduled.
• Complete all necessary documentation according to Pride Group guidelines when working with members
• Spend a majority of working shift out on the floors interacting with members to assist in meeting their individual needs and goals.
• Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times including but not limited to: Protected Health Information
• Assist with activities if the activity warrants another staff, or facilitating one-on-one activities with members.