|Back to List|
Direct Support Professional
|Hope Haven, Inc.
1800 19th St
Rock Valley IA 51247
| Required Skills:
To be considered for the position, eligible candidates must have the following core requirements:
* High school diploma or ability to obtain GED/HSED
* Ability to complete orientation training, a medication administration course, the full MANDT training as determined by supervisor, and other agency requirements.
* Basic computer skills.
* Confident writing and verbal communication skills
* Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
* A valid Class C driver's license (unless site requires Class D), reliable transportation, & proof of insurance.
* Ability to pass a health assessment, drug screening, & criminal background check
Because Direct Support Professionals support many different departments and goals at Hope Haven, additional requirements may be added on for specific fields, like job coaching and employment training certification. The actual job responsibilities for this position are varied and lengthy, and we can go over them with you in person if you qualify for an interview. Most of what you will do in this role can be taught; what we are looking for are qualities and gifts that cannot be trained:
* a love of variety and people
* plenty of empathy, compassion, and enthusiasm
* a passion for both teaching and learning
* the ability to handle surprises, challenges, and opportunities with a contagiously positive attitude
* a respectful appreciation for details and organization
|Pay Rate: $11.30|
|Shifts: Days, Graveyard, Flexible, Evenings, Weekends, Rotating, Variable|
| Additional Information:
If this all sounds like a good fit, you are here for a reason. Apply today. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and scheduling. And you’ll be able to put your gifts to good use, which comes with its own amazing rewards.