|Back to List|
700 West 21st Street
Yankton SD 57078
1. Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening, physical, and background check, and random drug and/or alcohol screenings throughout employment.
2. Must be dependable, dedicated to completing work assignments correctly, and use time wisely.
3. Adept at problem-solving. Adaptable to new situations and challenges. Open to changes and new ideas.
4. Ability to satisfactorily work alone with reasonable and appropriate instructions, training, and supervision, and ability to work with others respectfully and professionally in a team environment.
5. Ability to communicate clearly and completely, expressing needs, and asking questions.
6. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and written and/or oral instructions.
7. Ability to handle the stress that accompanies production standards and deadlines.
8. Ability to accept constructive criticism and make subsequent adjustments, and willingness to rework incorrect tasks completed by oneself or others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to communicate and exchange accurate information. The employee frequently is required to walk; stand; sit; use foot/feet; use hand/foot controls; use both hands to finger, handle, feel, grip, or drive; use fine finger ability; use wrist motion; reach above/below shoulders; reach and carry with hands and arms; step up/down, climb or balance; and bend/stoop, twist, squat/crouch, kneel, or crawl. The employee occasionally will work outside the facility, encounter uneven or slippery surfaces, or work in wet conditions. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and hand-eye coordination.
Primary work assignment will require employees to frequently push/pull/lift from the floor to the table, and lift from table to shoulder level, up to 45 pounds. Employees may occasionally push/pull/lift below or above shoulder level greater than 45 pounds if they are physically able to do so safely. Employees are encouraged to use caution at all times when pushing/pulling/lifting. Please consider the size, shape, weight of the object to be pushed/pulled/lifted, the path and the distance you must travel along with your own physical ability. If necessary, please seek assistance with pushing/pulling/lifting tasks. Employees should never lift more than they are physically able to handle safely.
Additional Qualifications with Appropriate and Reasonable Training Time:
Welder Wage Group 2 (Entry-level): Can pass a 1G welding bend test. Capable of correctly adjusting the welding machine for different materials and thicknesses. Able to operate a cutting torch and a grinder. Blueprint reading and comprehension of blueprint measurements and symbols required. Able to read and understand work orders and bills of material. Minimum set-up skills used, limited to jobs with few parts or work completed with fixtures. Able to complete set-up when using jigs and fixtures. Able to operate overhead hoists safely. Must wear a respirator when job task requires it, including the use of flux-core or spool-arc 83 welding wire, and when welding on previously painted parts. Help Wage Group 3 welders with set-up.
Welder Wage Group 3: Meets all requirements for Wage Group 2. Multiple-position welding qualification and air-arc desirable. Capable of setting up complicated jobs of all sizes routinely by reading and comprehending blueprints. Additional AWS qualifications required if needed for job task (i.e. flux core welding). Displays appropriate Company ERP system knowledge and skills, and the ability to be a project leader, train others, and lead 2-3 employees to accomplish the goal. Must be able to work with, mentor, and train a variety of different personalities and skill sets. Proficiently cross-trained in multiple Company work areas.
Welder Wage Group 4: Meets all requirements for Wage Groups 2 and 3, and assigned to the Heavy Welding Dept. Must be proficient with flux core wire including 0.045, 1/16th, and 3/32nd sizes, and have GMAW-1GL and FCAW-1GU welding qualifications. Ability to do all welding tasks required of or assigned to the Heavy Welding Dept. Use of Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
| Required Skills:
Education and Experience
1. Must pass applicant weld test to be considered for this position.
2. High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
3. Welding training and/or experience required.
4. Relevant trade school or college course work desired.
5. Ability to correctly use and read a tape measure, and read/understand job-related blueprints, required.
6. Heavy equipment manufacturing experience desired.
7. Computer experience desired, particularly the ability to use a mouse, and locate and open/close files.
|Pay Rate: TBD|
|Shifts: Days, Evenings, Weekends|
| Additional Information:
Application Forms and Job Descriptions available at the Front Desk for each posted position. This list and accompanying job descriptions can be viewed at www.kpijci.com (click on “Careers”), where a Kolberg-Pioneer Application for Employment Form can be downloaded by clicking “Application Form”.
Please direct any questions about these positions to the Human Resources Dept. (Ext. 2518).