Assists in the provision of screens, collection of assessment data, and direct treatment to a general rehab caseload under the direction and supervision of the Physical Therapist. Participates in the clinical team process. Provides teaching and training to care giver staff. Participates in clinical program development.
May, where allowed by law, supervise the Rehab Tech, PT Aide, and/or Rehab Aide.
• Conducts resident screens (without interpretation) as directed by the supervising Physical Therapist.
• Collects assessment data, as part of the evaluation process, as directed by the supervising Physical Therapist.
• Under a physician's order, provides direct treatment to patients/residents as directed by and according to the plan of care outlined by the supervising Physical Therapist where allowed by law. Treatment venue includes one-on-one, supervised and group.
• Documents patient/resident progress toward meeting established goals as stated in the treatment plan outlined by the supervising Physical Therapist.
• Provides training to patients, residents, caregivers and families according to the plan of care outlined by the supervising Physical Therapist.
• Completes documentation of direct treatment provided within established time frames.
• Prepares treatment materials and assists with other clerical duties as directed by the Physical Therapist.
• Participates with the Physical Therapist in research projects, in-service training and public relations programs.
• Participates in quality improvement activities.
• Responsible for service and operational excellence of all assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services and/or outcomes required to meet or exceed the expectations of those utilizing or impacted by the department.
• Exhibits courtesy, compassion and respect to patients, residents, families, care givers, visitors, physicians, administrators and co-workers.